- 29 August 2001
- 13 February 2007
VBS.Trojan.Icon is a Trojan horse that modifies the Windows registry.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 29 August 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 23 March 2017 revision 037
- Initial Daily Certified version 29 August 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 23 March 2017 revision 041
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
The modification to the registry causes HTML files to have a different icon from the default one.
This Trojan has no other payloads.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and run a full system scan. Be sure that NAV is configured to scan all files.
- Delete all files that are detected as VBS.Trojan.Icon.