- 10 June 2000
- 13 February 2007
- Also Known As:
- VBS/Kremp.worm, VBS/Tramp.A, HTML.Kremp.A, JS_TRAMP.A
VBS.Kremp.A is a Visual Basic Script (VBS) virus which writes itself to several locations as the file Index.html. This script contains VBS and HTML code.
If viewed, this script contains the text:
Get me some oil! - The OilSheik Mertimb
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 10 June 2000
- Latest Rapid Release version 08 August 2016 revision 023
- Initial Daily Certified version 10 June 2000
- Latest Daily Certified version 09 August 2016 revision 001
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that are detected as VBS.Kremp.A.