- 10 April 2001
- 13 February 2007
- Also Known As:
VBS.Homemade@mm is a worm written in the Visual Basic scripting language.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 10 April 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 28 September 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version 10 April 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Like many other worms, VBS.Homemade@mm sends email to everyone in the Microsoft Outlook Address Book. After doing so, it adds a registry key so that the action is not performed more than once.
The worm spreads as:
Message: You have to see this its unbelible
To remove this worm:
- Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and run a full system scan, making sure that NAV is set to scan all files.
- Delete any files detected as VBS.Homemade@mm.