- 21 June 2000
- 13 February 2007
- Also Known As:
- VBS/Fatty.A, W97M/Fatt
VBS.Fatt.A is a Visual Basic Script (VBS) component of a macro virus that infects Microsoft Word documents and templates. The macro virus W97M.Fatt writes the VBS component. In an effort to reinfect the local host, this short VBS file runs from the registry when you start Windows.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 10 June 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 08 August 2016 revision 023
- Initial Daily Certified version 10 June 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 09 August 2016 revision 001
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that are detected as VBS.Fatt.A.