- 13 February 2001
- 13 February 2007
VBS.Delete.Trojan is a Trojan horse that tries to remove the \Windows and \Program Files folders, including their contents.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 19 February 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 08 August 2016 revision 023
- Initial Daily Certified version 19 February 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 09 August 2016 revision 001
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
It is 373 bytes long. After trying to remove these folders, it displays a message box with the following text:
The message box has the title "ERROR."
To recover from this infection:
- Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and run a full system scan, making sure that NAV is set to scan all files.
- If any files are detected as infected by VBS.Delete.Trojan, click Delete.