- 16 February 2002
- 13 February 2007
UNIX.comp is a companion virus that searches for .elf executables. It copies itself to each .elf file that it finds and renames the original to .<file name>.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 19 February 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version 28 September 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version 19 February 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 19 February 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
To restore the files, copy all .<file name> files to <file name> in the affected directory.