- 13 February 2007
- Not available
- Not available
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- Systems Affected:
Joke.Bounce is a joke program that causes the active window and mouse cursor to bounce up and down, making the computer difficult to use.
The active window and mouse cursor bounce.
Your Symantec program detects Joke.Bounce.
This joke program consists of one executable file that must be manually executed.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 07 May 2019 revision 006
- Initial Daily Certified version 27 June 2004
- Latest Daily Certified version 07 May 2019 revision 008
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 30 June 2004
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Joke.Bounce is executed, it causes the active window and mouse cursor to bounce.
The program also runs in stealth mode (hidden), making it more difficult to stop.
Joke.Bounce does not harm a computer, but makes it difficult to use.
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Joke.Bounce.
- Delete the value that was added to the registry.
1. To update the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To scan for and delete the files
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Joke.Bounce, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.