- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- Systems Affected:
The joke program, Joke.Aprool, modifies the cursor.
The cursor is black and has the text "April Fool."
Must be executed manually.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 01 February 2015 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version 01 April 2004
- Latest Daily Certified version 17 January 2008 revision 033
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 01 April 2004
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Joke.Aprool is executed, it displays a message that has an "OK" button. If you click OK, the cursor will be changed to a black cursor with the text "April Fool."
Restarting the system will reset the mouse cursor to the default image.
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Restart the computer, run a full system scan, and delete all the files detected as Joke.Aprool.
1. To update the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. To restart the computer, and scan for and delete the files
- Restart the computer.
- Start your Symantec antivirus program, and then run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Joke.Aprool, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file name. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.