- 26 February 2001
- 13 February 2007
- Also Known As:
- VBS/Cuartel-A, VBS.Nada
VBS.Vanina is a Visual Basic Script (VBS) Trojan which overwrites files on the computer with a copy of itself. It also sends the file Explorer.exe two email addresses that are registered in Argentina.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 18 July 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 08 August 2016 revision 023
- Initial Daily Certified version 18 July 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 09 August 2016 revision 001
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that are detected as VBS.Vanina.