- 26 June 2002
- 13 February 2007
- Systems Affected:
VBS.Pet_Tick.Intd is an intended VBS and HTML infector that does not work. Delete this virus from the computer if Norton AntiVirus detects it.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 27 June 2002
- Latest Rapid Release version 28 September 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version 27 June 2002
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 03 July 2002
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Update the virus definitions, run a full system scan, and delete all files that Norton AntiVirus (NAV) detects as VBS.Pet_Tick.Intd. For details on how to do this, read the following instructions.
To scan with Norton AntiVirus and delete the infected files:
- Obtain the most recent virus definitions. There are two ways to do this:
- Run LiveUpdate, which is the easiest way to obtain virus definitions. These virus definitions have undergone full quality assurance testing by Symantec Security Response and are posted to the LiveUpdate servers one time each week (usually Wednesdays) unless there is a major virus outbreak. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by LiveUpdate, look at the Virus Definitions (LiveUpdate) line at the top of this write-up.
- Download the definitions using the Intelligent Updater. Intelligent Updater virus definitions have undergone full quality assurance testing by Symantec Security Response. They are posted on U.S. business days (Monday through Friday). They must be downloaded from the Symantec Security Response Web site and installed manually. To determine whether definitions for this threat are available by the Intelligent Updater, look at the Virus Definitions (Intelligent Updater) line at the top of this write-up.
Intelligent Updater virus definitions are available here. For detailed instructions on how to download and install the Intelligent Updater virus definitions from the Symantec Security Response Web site, click here.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files.
- NAV Consumer products: Read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- NAV Enterprise products: Read the document How to verify a Symantec Corporate antivirus product is set to scan All Files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that NAV detects as VBS.Pet_Tick.Intd.