- 18 July 2001
- 13 February 2007
VBS.Folder is a Visual Basic Script (VBS) virus which attempts to infect target files in various folders recursively. The detection is generalized.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 18 July 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 28 September 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version 18 July 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that are detected as VBS.Folder.