- 05 November 2001
- 13 February 2007
VBS.Bici (demo) is a demonstration worm.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 05 November 2001
- Latest Rapid Release version 28 September 2010 revision 054
- Initial Daily Certified version 05 November 2001
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date pending
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
The worm displays two messages and then sends out email messages. The messages clearly indicate what the worm is about to do. If you click Cancel at either of the message boxes, the worm will not send any email messages.
This worm works only on computers that have certain paths available. Most likely, it works only inside one specific company network.
Run LiveUpdate to make sure that you have the most recent virus definitions.
- Start Norton AntiVirus (NAV), and make sure that NAV is configured to scan all files. For instructions on how to do this, read the document How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files.
- Run a full system scan.
- Delete all files that are detected as VBS.Bici (demo).