- Date Discovered:
- 13 June 2017
- Microsoft Windows is prone to a local security-bypass vulnerability. An attacker can exploit this issue to bypass certain security restrictions and perform unauthorized actions. This may aid in further attacks.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1511 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1511 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Configure webservers to serve only specific, defined file types.To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker requires local access to an affected computer. Grant local access for trusted and accountable users only.