- Date Discovered:
- 12 June 2018
- Microsoft Windows is prone to a local privilege-escalation vulnerability. A local attacker can exploit this issue to execute arbitrary command with elevated privileges.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1803 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 for 32-bit Systems
- Microsoft Windows 10 version 1709 for x64-based Systems
Permit local access for trusted individuals only. Where possible, use restricted environments and restricted shells.To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker requires local access to an affected computer. Grant local access for trusted and accountable users only.
Ron Marcovich, Yuval Ron, Amichai Shulman, Tal Be'ery, and Cedric Cochin of McAfee’s Advanced Threat Research (ATR) Team.