- 13 February 2007
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- iagold.exe,Mslink32.exe,IEloader.dll,<8 random letters>.dll
- Systems Affected:
Adware.IAGold is an adware component that downloads and displays advertisements.
The presence of the files detected as Adware.IAGold.
This adware program must be manually installed. However, some programs may have Adware.IAGold within them and install it as the program itself is installed.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 07 May 2019 revision 006
- Initial Daily Certified version 20 December 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version 07 May 2019 revision 008
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 20 December 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When the installer for this adware is executed, it looks for the file %System%\iagold.exe and creates %System%\<8 random letters>.dll.
Adware.IAGold tries to access the following Web sites:
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the definitions.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.IAGold.
1. Updating the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. Scanning for and deleting the files
- Start Norton AntiVirus and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files. For more information, read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as Adware.IAGold, click Delete.
Note: If your Symantec antivirus product reports that it cannot delete a detected file, write down the path and file names. Then use Windows Explorer to locate and delete the file.