- 13 February 2007
- Dynamic Desktop Media
- Risk Impact:
- File Names:
- Systems Affected:
Adware.Dynamic is an adware program that can download and run Adware.Ncase , Adware.NetOptimizer and Adware.Winpup .
Files are detected as Adware.Dynamic.
This adware program must be manually installed.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version 02 October 2014 revision 022
- Latest Rapid Release version 01 February 2015 revision 020
- Initial Daily Certified version 19 November 2003
- Latest Daily Certified version 28 September 2010 revision 036
- Initial Weekly Certified release date 19 November 2003
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.
When Adware.Dynamic is executed, it performs the following actions:
- Adds the subkey:
to the registry key:
- May download and run the following adware programs:
- Msbb.exe (Adware.Ncase)
- Optimize.exe (Adware.NetOptimizer)
- Winpup.exe (Adware.Winpup)
The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Security Risk detection.
- Update the virus definitions.
- Delete the key that was added to the registry.
- Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Adware.Dynamic.
1. Updating the definitions
To obtain the most recent definitions, start your Symantec program and run LiveUpdate.
2. Deleting the key from the registry
WARNING: Symantec strongly recommends that you back up the registry before making any changes to it. Incorrect changes to the registry can result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Modify the specified keys only. Read the document, "How to make a backup of the Windows registry ," for instructions.
- Click Start, and then click Run. (The Run dialog box appears.)
- Type regedit
and then click OK. (The Registry Editor opens.)
- Navigate to and delete the key:
- Exit the Registry Editor.
3. Scanning for and deleting the infected files
- Start Norton AntiVirus and make sure that it is configured to scan all the files. For more information, read the document, "How to configure Norton AntiVirus to scan all files."
- Run a full system scan.
- If any files are detected as infected with Adware.Dynamic, click Delete.